Monday, March 5, 2012

‘It’s too hard, Bishop.
I want to follow Jesus, I want to make things right, I want to go back to my first Love, but...’


Right after this, he presents a long list of reasons why he is unable to go back.

He reminds me of when David visited Prophet Samuel and told him how King Saul was cruelly persecuting him, to the point of killing all the priests that helped him.

Samuel comforted him by saying: The Lord did not say that your journey would be easy. He only said that He would be with you.
This is a fact that Christians should never forget.
The Lord Jesus never promised to pave the way for His followers. If His journey was arduous and difficult, why would ours be any different?

Read and meditate on the following verses:
"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven. Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."
Matthew 10.32-39

Whoever thinks that obtaining the salvation of his soul is going to be easy is better off throwing away his Bible and forgetting about Jesus.
Getting into the Kingdom of Heaven is not going to be a piece of cake.

The cowardly, the weak, the indefinite, the lazy, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur, which is the second death. Revelation 21.8

No comments:

Post a Comment