Tuesday, March 26, 2013


Revolt x Compliance


AT THE AGE OF 80, *BARZILLAI WAS TIRED...
The king said to Barzillai, "Come across with me to Jerusalem, and I will provide for you while you are with me in Jerusalem."
But Barzillai said to the king, "How long have I to live, that I should go up with the king to Jerusalem?”
I am today eighty years old. Can I discern between the good and bad? Can your servant taste what I eat or what I drink? Can I hear any longer the voice of singing men and singing women? Why then should your servant be a further burden to my lord the king? 2 Samuel 19.33-35
(*) This old, compliant man was being called to live at the palace, yet he gave excuses...
ON THE OTHER HAND, AT THE AGE OF 85, *Caleb...
And now, behold, the LORD has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, ever since the LORD spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness; and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. 
As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. Joshua 14.10-11
(*) This old man was invigorated and asked to go to war because he was revolted.
REVOLT PRESERVES OUR LIFE, IT BRINGS VICTORIES. WHILE COMPLIANCE PRESERVES DEATH, AND LEADS TO LOSE.
Which one do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment