Friday, May 31, 2013

Who is behind it?


The disciples lived with Jesus for three years. They saw the blind begin to see, the mute begin to speak, the paralyzed begin to walk and the dead rise. They witnessed almost every moment of our Lord here on earth. What a privilege, right?
They ate with the Lord, spoke with Him and learned celestial teachings directly from the source on how to have a successful life. Those who saw the disciples could safely say that they were holy men, because they were continuously at Jesus’ side. But this was not the case, because it was not enough for Jesus to be next to them, it was necessary for Him to be within them, which later happened, except for Judas.
Only the Lord Jesus knew who lived behind the eyes of those disciples. He knew that:
The spirit of betrayal lived behind the eyes of Judas:
"Now as they were eating, He said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me.” And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, “Lord, is it I?” He answered and said, “He who dipped his hand with Me in the dish will betray Me. The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.” Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Rabbi, is it I?” He said to him, “You have said it.” Matthew 26.21-25
The spirit of unbelief lived behind the eyes of Thomas:
"The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20.25-28
The spirit of cowardice lived behind the eyes of Peter:
"Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake.” Jesus answered him, “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times." John 13.37-38
"One of the servants of the high priest, a relative of him whose ear Peter cut off, said, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?” Peter then denied again; and immediately a rooster crowed." João18.26-27
These disciples lived with the Lord Jesus, but had not been born of Him yet. For this reason, they were worldly and fleshly. With the exception of Judas, who was already condemned, Peter and Thomas were born of God and received the Holy Spirit. But we are left with a warning and a question: Who lives behind your eyes, assistant? If you have been born of Christ, then we know it’s the Holy Spirit. But, if you haven’t, who is influencing what you think, see, hear, say and feel?
This insight is for each of us to contemplate. Lets take a look within ourselves and see our fruit, so that we may reflect and fix what needs to be fixed.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment