Friday, September 6, 2013

The soul


I never thought about the existence of the soul, said the atheist to himself.
But, one day, while playing chess with the computer, I noticed that when the computer wins it does not show any kind of happiness; nor does it show any reaction when it loses.
Which is the exact opposite of me.
When I win, I cannot hide my joy;
But when I lose, I’m unable to hide my anger as well.
What is the difference between me and the computer?
The soul.
It does not have a soul like me.
It does not feel what I feel.
Which means that this invisible being named "soul" lives in my body while I'm alive. But it disappears when my body dies.
And what happens to it after it leaves the body?
Where does it go?
Who has control over the soul after we die?
…it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment... Hebrews 9.27
But, meanwhile judgment does not begin, what is the fate of the soul after death?
In peace in heaven or in torment in hell?
It depends on who you served while you were on earth.
If you served the Lord of Righteousness, it will go to a place of righteousness;
If you served sin (unrighteousness) while you were on earth, you will await judgment in a place of unrighteousness (hell).
As righteousness leads to life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death. Proverbs 11.19
Because of this, the Lord Jesus says:
For what profit is it to man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16.26

No comments:

Post a Comment