Monday, September 10, 2012

Treasured Possession 2






The Lord Jesus left Eternal Glory, His Godly and eternal Spiritual Body, and the side of God the Father to endure the humiliation of a human body that was earthly and fragile. And if that were not enough, He was arrested, tried, convicted, nailed to the cross and killed by the ones He created and loved!
Isaiah had a vision of that day and wrote:
“…He had no impressive form or majesty…”
The suffering that His beloved creation inflicted upon the Creator gave Him an inhuman appearance, since His face was beaten so savagely. This is why it says:
“…no appearance that we should desire Him.”
The Creator was thrown into a pit of suffering by His creation. He was alone. He agonized.
The psalmist also saw that day, heard the cry of Jesus and prophesied:
Save me, O God!  For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
I am weary with my crying; My throat is dry; My eyes fail while I wait for my God. 
Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; they are mighty who would destroy me, being my enemies wrongfully; though I have stolen nothing, I still must restore it…” Psalm 69.1-4
Isaiah continues describing his vision:
“He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows…” Isaiah 53.3,4
This was the price of our rescue. Sacrifice, sweat and tears were the price to be paid for rescuing each member of the True Church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Because of this, our Eternal Lord and God expressed His joy in an unprecedented way when He called the Redeemed Church His Treasured Possession.
Jesus compares the Kingdom of Heaven to a hidden treasure, which someone finds and, for joy over it, immediately goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Matthew 13.44
This “someone” could be you who are reading this!
The experience of conquering the Kingdom of Heaven, or being born of God, requires character, courage and the determination to renounce our sinful lives in exchange for the immeasurable treasure that is being offered to us.
But the Lord Jesus did the exact reverse of that. He left all His glory and took upon Himself the curse of sin to serve as a ransom for those who want to be rescued.
Would it be unfair of Him to demand our all in exchange for HIS ALL?
Would it be unfair for Him to demand the sacrifice of your messed up life in exchange for the sacrifice He made for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment