Friday, December 14, 2012

Rock bottom and still wearing high heels


If Jesus gave this assurance: "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover,” (Mark 16.17-18) why are some people in church, including the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, unable to break free, change their lives or solve their problems? Is the authority of God a farce? Is it real?
Of course it is! Proof of this is other people who give testimonies of their victories and conquests. We have authority over every kind of demon, but what we do not have is authority to remove pride from people’s hearts, which allows the devil to work in the lives of destroyed people.
Unfortunately, we live in a world where people let go of anything and everything – properties, health, relationships, a family’s love, peace, etc. – but not arrogance and pride. This is clear in the story of ex-psychic Lucia Culanda:
"I suffered a lot, and it took me a long time to overcome because I HAD HIT ROCK BOTTOM BUT WAS STILL WEARING HIGH HEELS. Though I was sinking and going downhill fast, I refused to let go of my ego and arrogance. I would not step down from my pedestal.”
If you are experiencing pain and suffering and want our help, let go of your pride. As long as it remains we cannot help you. We do not have the authority to drive our your pride.
Here is a piece of advice from the Almighty: "The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility." Proverbs 15.33
God bless you greatly!

Bishop Guaracy Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment