Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Good morning, Mrs. Cris!
How are you?
My name is Luiza, I am 25 years old and I am grateful for the direction that the Holy Spirit gave you to write the book, The V Woman. Through this book, you have reached thousands - or even millions - of women throughout the world.

Before I had an encounter with God, I thought that I needed to walk around “half naked” in order to be noticed by men. I wore low-cut shirts and short bottoms all the time.
I loved when men turned their heads to look at me - I thought I was so cool.
I would stay with one guy one day, then another guy on the next day and that is how I lived my life. I never had a serious relationship. I would just date them and then leave them. Most of the time, I would dress appropriately, but when I went out to the nightclubs, I would go all out with my outfits.
Over time, I began seeing that this lifestyle was not taking me anywhere. I have endured a lot, Mrs. Cris. During four months, I worked as a call girl and God’s mercy is the only reason that I did not die. It's a world filled with great filth. But God rescued me out of that hell hole and brought me into the light.
When I first came to the UCKG, I had left that rotten lifestyle about a year before, but my life was still tied up. I thank your father, Bishop Macedo, because it was through him that I met God and learned what He could do for me.
I arrived at the UCKG in September 2011, for the Nation of the 318 meeting. I was unemployed and heard so many testimonies of people who had their financial life transformed, so I wanted to see what that meeting was all about. During that time in my life, my only concern was my financial life, nothing else. Around October or November, your father began talking about the Fast of Daniel, for those who wanted to receive the Holy Spirit, on his radio program. I had no idea what this purpose was about, but I was sure that it was a good thing, because I heard testimonies of people who had been baptized and had their lives transformed.
So, I would listen to the UCKG’s radio program and to Bishop Macedo’s messages every day. So I began preparing myself for the Fast of Daniel because I wanted my life to be transformed and to be born of GOD. About 10 days before the purpose started, I stopped watching TV, listening to music and reading newspapers and magazines. Radio and Internet? Only if it was one of the UCKG’s programs, your blog or the Bishop’s blog. I told myself that I was going to be baptized, even if it were on the last day because I was DETERMINED.
The day before the Fast, I listened to the radio all day long and the Bishop’s message came on at midnight. At one point, your father said: "Those of you who want to be baptized with the Holy Spirit right now, let’s pray together." What happened next was unforgettable. I was sitting on my bed, alone in my room and I knelt down on the bed and began to pray. During the first few minutes of that new day I was blessed and baptized with the Holy Spirit. I thought that I would only be baptized at the end of the Fast, but I was "awarded" on the very first day of the Fast. It was something marvelous. Only God has the power to turn an ex-prostitute into a new person.
I remember waking up early that day (Sunday) and going to Church. Because I didn’t have enough money to pay the bus fare, I had to walk for over an hour and a half. Only God could give me the strength to walk all the way there. At the end of the meeting, an "angel" offered to pay my bus ride back home – Phew! – thankfully, because it was already dark outside. Even though I had been baptized on the first day, I remained firm until the end to strengthen myself. Unlike many, I was baptized with the Holy Spirit first and then I was baptized in water, on 12/25/11. That day, Bishop Macedo was here at the Cathedral in Rio de Janeiro and that is when I "buried" the old Luiza and began giving rise to a new woman.
Since then, I’ve never turned away from the UCKG or GOD. The devil has risen up against me, but he always falls right back down because I am a "Princess of GOD" and I know I will prevail.
A couple of months later, your book, V Woman, was released. It took me a while to buy it, but after I did and began reading it - wow! I truly began understanding what being a woman of God meant and that I don’t need to show off my body to be admired by men. If I don’t value myself, who will? I have learned that instead of wanting someone to change, I can and must change first. This is what it means to be a wise woman. I learned that "When everyone around you says ‘no’, you must find a way out."
Every once in a while I read the book again and as soon as I’m able to, I’m going to buy more books to give as gifts to my friends.
In the past, I "loved" the attention I got from men. Today, I only love God.
I've learned and continue learning from your blogs. When you and your husband came here to the Cathedral, for the Therapy of Love meeting, I was sitting in the front and loved the meeting and the advice you gave us. Even though I'm single, the advice you gave us was great.
That is about it, Mrs. Cris. I thank Bishop Macedo, the UCKG, you and especially God, because I would not be writing this e-mail if not for his mercy and love.
May GOD continue to bless you all!
Luiza Rangel Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment