Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I want is...

I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of Life. The Problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want.(Mark Twain)


God must have been speaking through Mark Twain when he said the above. I’m sure that’s exactly how He feels about us many times. Can you say out loud what you really want? Yes, I mean right now, before you continue reading this?

“Well, er… sure… umm… where do I start? Umm…”

How many things do you want in one day? You want a better job in the morning, to lose weight at lunch, spend more time with your family in the afternoon, and pay off your debts in the evening. And you probably won’t have done a thing about any of those wants by the time you go to sleep. But you want them. Or so you think.

Moses spent 40 years in the desert as a fugitive of Egypt. If anybody asked him, on any day, if he wanted his people free from Egyptian slavery, he would have answered with an emphatic, almost angry, “Yes, of course!” But on the day God told him on Mount Sinai He was going to use him to do just that, Moses said, “Not me, Lord, please send somebody else.”

If you say you want something, then do what it takes to make it happen. Any less than that is self-delusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment